Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Monday, August 23, 2010

Diary 8/23



Hot and getting hotter. Started out the day at 42 degrees and then the temperature rose to 92. That's 50 degrees of change! Tomorrow is supposed to be 100 and maybe even hotter the next day like 105. Get this, though, on Thursday, only 85! That would be a 20 degree change in one day. No wonder I have some weird shaped cucumbers. Everything else looks great despite the swings. Lots of tomatoes and cantaloupes ripening between morning and afternoon. Strawberries are tasty when not over-watered which is challenging because they can look kinda sad in the middle of the day. Broccoli secondary shoots are almost as big as the first head.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...