Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Diary 8/25




19 bags went out to folks. Record heat some places and tied it here, with big cool down forcast for tomorrow. Looking forward to harvesting the rest of the Valencia onions and tearing out some beans and cucumbers to make room for more fall crops. Lots of winter squash set. Good food for the babies in my life as well as bag folks and over the winter. Usually, I just grow Delicata, the peanut striped squash. It has smooth texture and they are a reasonable size. This year I planted Butter Cup, Butter Nut, and Acorn, too. We have a few hills of small pumpkins as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...