Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Monday, August 16, 2010

Dairy 8/16



Yesterday morning upon arising, I was met by a very dark cloudy sky. Within the hour in sprinkled and then rained, a very welcome change and unusual for Southern Oregon in August. We received just under .1 of an inch of rain(not much in centimetres). It was all great except that the red torpedo onions were in their final drying mode and I didn't really want them wet. So, we did an emergency harvest and now have all the onnes with bend stem indicating they are finished cleaned up and staged here and there to dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...