Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Diary 8/9/12

Megan and Allen helped with cleaning, turning, and planting beds for fall and winter crops.  Odd to be planting now with hot weather in the future, but it is the right time as day length and then temperatures will be going down.  Planted carrots and beets, and have kale, lettuce, greens, and choi to go in.   Most of it will be ready late fall, but any carrots left keep well through the winter.  The gopher will no doubt help himself to some beets, but I have plans for him including castor oil and golf balls...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...