Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Monday, August 13, 2012

Diary 8/13/12


I am back from a lovely weekend in Silverton, Oregon, home of the Oregon Garden.  We did not do much walking, but rode the tram and admired all the work in the established gardens within the 125 acre area.  Hot and dry, so not its prettiest time of year, but still worth the visit.  We stayed up the hill at the Moonstone Resort, a well run escape with nice facilities and an "on the ball" staff.  The wedding was a beautiful affair full of family, fun, and love.  The bouquets etc. and table arrangements went well, but it is always last minute and intense.  There were plenty of nice flowers so it made the job easier. One more wedding and a few bouquets and that is it for this summer of 5 weddings. Now back to gardening on hot days. Watering like crazy, trying to get everyone a turn.  May run some sprinklers tomorrow just to spread some moisture around. We will have corn within days...

1 comment:

  1. The flowers and everything else look great! Good job team! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...