Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Diary 8/7/12

I think I will follow the mantra of "do less and a better job next year".  The potatoes we are digging did not proceed down into the great soil I made for them.  In stead they nested on top waiting for more mulch than they received.  So we have small potatoes and not as many of them.  Meanwhile pig weed is trying to go to seed around the edges.  Lots of tops to clip as the soil is too dry to pull them.  Did get mulch on the strawberries yesterday and I think they will be happy about that.  Plenty of cherry tomatoes, though!  It is the time of year when I start to think maybe I won't do this next season.  Ut oh...

1 comment:

  1. Everyone has problems at one time or another. Gardening is not something you learn overnight. Keep at it and plan. Visit your local garden center. I wish you the best of luck.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...