Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Diary 8/30/12

Harvesting onions
I am usually an upbeat person.  I think most of my friends would describe me that way, but you know how when you are bothered by something or sadden by events, it takes your energy away.  I hope I feel better about the world tomorrow and can see past the place I am stuck in today.  I have so many blessings in my life, I have no good reason to dwell on the things that are not quite right for me.  Utopia this is not.

3 comments:

  1. I do know. Those are beautiful onions. I failed at growing onions last year and would like to try again. What variety are those and when did you plant them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are walla walla sweet onions that took forever to get going because of the wet cool spring here. They were planted from seed in February in the greenhouse, and transplanted in early May outside.

      Delete

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...