Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Diary 8/15/12

Harvested our first corn, 87 ears today, and 50 by Friday.  May be freezing some by the end of the weekend.  New helpers coming, so I have big plans! Working on wedding flowers for Saturday, woodsy and simple garden flowers is what the bride-to-be asked for, so I can do. I am with woodsy, including some twigs. When I close up the chickens at night (have to or any number of predators would come get them), I love to check out my yard in the twilight.  The rosy glow of the last of this day's light infiltrates the forest giving it more dimension.  The Madrone trees are shedding their bark and leaves as they do during summer rather than fall.  Tonight they looked like something from the Serengeti.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...