Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Diary 8/16/12

Shiro Plums

Such variety coming out of the garden now.
Another hot day and one more to go and then a low pressure system is moving through.  Unfortunately with the reduction in temperatures comes the threat of wildfires, our local natural disaster. There are several fires going around in the area already and a thunderstorm will no doubt start a few more.  If we are lucky maybe some wetting rain will come with it and give firefighters half a chance.  Lots more corn to harvest tomorrow along with the first of the giant Ciore Di Buie paste tomatoes and some more Shiro plums.  We could build a horn of plenty if we had a horn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...