Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Diary 8/18/12


I made bouquets for a very country style wedding in the woods.  Remember the bride wanted twigs in the bouquets and a woodsy feel?  I enjoyed making their bouquets even though it made for a very busy Saturday morning between that and everything else going on.  Our new wwoofers were settling in and working in the garden.  There was the usual Saturday phone calls, and we had a bit of a run in with a neighbor that I hope I will be able to laugh about someday.  Anyway, the wedding was as special as it was homemade and one of a kind, very sweet. The bride and groom were appreciative of the flowers as they had not had a volunteer on that score.  They had lots of help from friends and family with everything from bringing chairs and tables, generators, and a music system to a great potluck spread with plenty of yummy food and a delicious cream frosting topped cake made by a friend.  All this in the middle of a primitive campground in the National Forest.  The couple rented the old cabin there for a really reasonable rate. Near the cabin is the Imnaha Spring.  So beautiful, water rushing out of the ground everywhere.  Moss and ferns looked like a fairy garden under massive Douglas Firs and Hemlocks. A very special place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...