Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Diary 3/8/12

It was sunny and warm today. probably 70 degrees although I never checked the thermometer.  Allen, a neighbor and dedicated farm helper, joined me in the attack with clippers,lopers, and saws.  We pruned 2 fig trees, the main asparagus patch, a row of raspberries, and an out of control, very prickly heirloom climbing rose bush. I turned on waters in all three greenhouses. With the sudden warmth, most of the beds were ready to be watered again.  Also, the dark wet soil can hold some warmth through tonight.  No watering tomorrow though because a cold cloudy session is coming, so you don't want wet soil going into that. As I said before, it is a little tricky right now with young plants and not tough tissues yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...