Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Diary 3/20/12

Happy Spring! My eldest child is 33 today.  Trying not to think how old that makes me feel.  Ah well, I would feel quite a bit better if I were not fighting this congestive cough virus.  I don't think I am losing ground, but I have had a low grade 99.4 to 100.2 temperature for three days and it is certainly making me weary.  Nap time soon , maybe after some lunch.  Although I am not as hungry as usual, I still have an apatite.  Woke up to another overnight snow storm.  Some very wet and sloppy stuff.  It has been raining since daylight, but seems to just absorb into the snow as most of it is still on the trees, deck, lawn, etc.  Puddles are forming as well as rivulets, so soon the snow will wash down to the creek.   Planted the first tomatoes into their trays as they has sprouted.  Started another batch which is how it will go for the next couple weeks.  Towards the end of the first week of April, I will start peppers and then squash and cucumbers after that.  Looking outside, it is hard to imagine, but it can switch over to warm sunny days at any point and I kinda hope it does so soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...