Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Diary 3/10/12

Digging garden gold, the compost from last year.  It looks great, no rocks and little vegetable matter that didn't fully breakdown, only found a few pine cones.  It rained at the end of the composting session last year, so hoping it is somewhat sterile.  That last heating is important not only for toxins or soil borne disease, it also finishes off any viable weed seed that might be in the mix.  Definitely fine texture and full of organic matter to feed the soil micro-organisms.  That is what it is all about, after all.  Grow your soil to grow your food.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...