Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Diary 10/5/11

Wildflower luncheon today.  Our little group or retirees and a mean age of 74 probably gave were able to give the fire department chief a check for $3000.  That gives us some money to work on next year's show and nothing more.  Even with the economic difficulties and the size of our community, we still were able to add to the many items the local fire folks need. The high blood pressure chair at the grocery store came from funds we donated many years ago.  It is old school, and even if Chief had to renovate it a bit last spring, it works fine. A few bags of produce today, but it is slowing down.  I have figs.  Boy, do I have figs.  They are in the greenhouse, so I can pick them until they freeze. A few tomatoes still trying to ripen, but this cold weather may promote mold soon.  If I keep it very dry in the greenhouses, I can get a few weeks more of tomatoes before the moisture cracks them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...