Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Monday, October 10, 2011

Diary 10/10/11

Columbus Day!  Weird since we now know lots of folks were already here, and Columbus didn't even make it, really.  Rain.  I made my way out between showers to pick Starking Delicious red plums which are going to fall off if they get much more moisture on them.  I also picked tomatoes to bring inside where they can finish ripening without splitting.  All the plants are tenuous now; they are on the brink of deterioration. Searching through the wet and slightly rotting cucumber leaves for a few remaining cucumbers, turning them up on top and away from the wet soil.  Have plenty of raspberries on the vines if they can hang on until after this rain stops and a clearer trend comes for the next few days.  16 bags on Wed. and 9 on Friday will be a challenge, but then I am only doing 10 bags next week, and the following week is the last.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...