Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Diary 10/4/11

Planted 2/3 of the tilled areas with annual rye grass seed to act as a cover crop adding nutrients to the soil when tilled in next Spring and holding the soil for next year against erosion, compaction, and weeds.  It was sort of in between today, still dripping from last nights rain, but drying out a little.  We picked 2 gallons of raspberries for jam.  They are tenuous, but can be used immediately or frozen to make into jam or ? later.  Figs are going crazy and will do so until it freezes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...