Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Thursday, October 27, 2011

10/27/11

Last deliveries accomplished and what is left out there is ours.  I have some up and coming products that may provide some scant winter income, but not for a few weeks. Gophers have undermined the rows in the greenhouse that are so dry they are caving in.  Not exactly sure about my anti-gopher approach, but I am mounting a campaign.  Deer are passing through and eating the tips of all the raspberries.  They don't seem to really want the berries, but the canes and leaves instead. There are still some berries, but it is a challenge to pick a half a gallon and they are soft and want to fall apart. So they are good for jam if not straight munching. Still quite a few tomatoes ripening.  Hope to can a couple more batches of sauce this next week. Otherwise, it is time to pull plants and clean up, then let rest for the winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...