Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Diary 10/26/11

Cold start and freeze this morning.  Some basil froze, as well as a touch down on one area of tomatoes and peppers in the greenhouse.  Not supposed to be that cold again for a few days as clouds pass by.  No big change until the middle of next week, but better get my last garlic in and transplant leeks, choi, and lettuce before it does get rainy.  Apples should be sweetening and ready for boxing up for winter use. They need a couple frosts to give them their "sugar core".  We have quite a few Yellow Delicious and I think some Macintoshes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...