Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Diary 3/26/11

Hard at work

My first basket
Transplanted cabbage, broccoli, and lettuce babies into lower greenhouse.  Planted snap peas again where squirrel ate them, and covered this time.  Planted pod peas on the other side of the bed. Slowly, but surely, despite the weather.  Had a basket workshop this afternoon and evening.  Using mostly willow, but have also harvested Red Osier Dogwood and some Hazelnut twigs.  Basket Making  by Olivia Elton Barratt has step by step instructions which started us off. It is something I have always wanted to do.  Somewhat addicting, though...

1 comment:

  1. Nice basket! Maybe the Easter Bunny will stop by in a few weeks with some treats for your new basket. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...