Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Diary 3/10

overwintered kale is so sweet
It is gnarly outside.  Gushing rain and wind.  The .4 inches pour out this morning is in there again, working on a  half an inch. I should go check on "things", and I was so going to transplant today, but as of yet still cleaning for weekend visitors and making another curtain.  Yesterday's warmth should have sprouted some more things.  I saw tiny lettuces lifting roofs of dirt where they were poking up. The walla wallas are sprouting also.  First, they are folded in half as they emerge and then SHIZAM!they unfold and turn green. They are so strong in their tiny way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...