Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Friday, March 25, 2011

Diary 3/25/11

More snow and rain and maybe a moment of brightness, but not for long.  Picked some spinach and looked around, but not inspired to dive in. When the sun does come out, even for just a few minutes, the cover crop glows bright tender green.  The deer have done their best to keep it mowed, but it is slowly getting ahead of them. They should be thinking about moving up pretty soon, but the weather has made the spring a late one, so the deer will stay a little longer.  The buds on the plum trees are so ready for a warm day.  I have pictures of everything in full bloom on the 20th. Still no swallows.  Can't blame them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...