Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Diary 7/8


I feel a little like I am in a holding pattern with the bulk of the crops about to come on (tomatoes, peppers, berries) or out (garlic, walla wallas, cabbages). I am approaching the point where the garden changes from the beautiful lush growing green to fruiting with sadder looking plants, beds with onions missing here and there, potatoes fading from a blooming hedge to a drying pile, and flowers spent and in need of dead heading. It is the productive time if not the most beautiful. In only another month I will be thinking of my fall garden which I will be starting to make decisions for soon. As something comes out, something else goes in. We had thunder around and enough rain to help moisten those buckwheat seeds, never did see lightning which is fine with me in a wildfire area.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...