Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Diary 7/14


Harvest day went well. Skimpy berries, but otherwise well. I am hoping by next week, things will be well on their way and I don't have to fret about production until November! So far the cucumber beetles have been slow to show. I am not sure if the cool Spring, use of Neem, or good predator bugs is the reason, but it is nice not to be losing a battle against bugs and spending precious time spraying everyday. Now watch, they will show up. The Red Torpedo onions are getting huge. I hope they have sweet flavor at first. The red onions often do, and then get hotter and more oniony as the summer progresses. Need to pull and eat one soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...