Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Friday, July 2, 2010

Diary 7/2


Good harvest and bag delivery. Things are really taking off now. I have several new customers signing up for program as soon as there is enough produce. Now, if the weather does what it says it will next week, then all will be well. I saw a pink grape tomato today. Granted it is only one grape size tomato, don't fry any bacon yet, but at least it lets me know they are thinking about it. I also picked a bell pepper that was one of five and about to be forever stuck in the middle of the plant. Quite exciting. Also, when I went to pick the cucumber I knew was there, I found 4 more! All in all, a happy day in the garden. The picture is a baby honey dew melon. It is fuzzy like a baby bird.

2 comments:

  1. There are surprises in gardening, expecting one cucumber, then get home with four. Cheers, happy gardening ~bangchik

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I'm a new fan of your blog! I'm up in Yamhill County and my garden is very amateur, but I am very pleased to see and learn from you. Peace. - Jean

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...