Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Monday, July 19, 2010

Diary 7/19


Woke up to a septic alarm. For those who have municipal sewers, we have our own system and tank here and if for some reason it isn't working it has an alarm much like a smoke detector that goes off. This high whistle made the dog howl which worked to alert us also. Not sure what it is all about, but it certainly got our attention. Lots planned for today with a little of this and that including harvesting a bed of walla walla type onions and bending another bed's onion tops down by dragging the back of a rake across them. We will weed the strawberries and as a reward pick the ones now ripe since the big squirrel relocation project. We planted Sudan grass in a couple new areas, so we will get a good watering on the seed today as it will be cooler for three days. Also have some baby plants to transplant and I think I will throw shade cloth over them to help shade them as they get use to their new digs. Maybe harvest some of the potatoes that are finished as test digging showed yesterday. All in all another busy farm day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...