Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Diary 7/6


Planted the buckwheat in the open weedless areas. A couple places have weeds and need to be retilled, and a couple places I may still plant other things in. Now, to add water. Making T-tube hoses to get water out to the edges. Have one more to make and then I will be able to reach everywhere the buckwheat is planted. Supposed to be hot all week, so hopefull can get enough water on their hard little triangle shaped seeds to sprout...Will till in when flowering or before if I tease up too may weeds. Either way, the soil microbes will benefit from the decaying organic matter. Buckwheat provides phosphorus as it rots, which is great for flowers, fruit setting, basic health and disease resistance of plants.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...