Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Friday, July 23, 2010

Diary 7/23




Harvest for 13 bags, plenty of berries and at least a tomato for all. There will be a break in beans which probably won't hurt anyone's feelings. The helpers harvested one row of Walla-Walla type onions and put them on a screen to finish drying. There is a row and some still to go, but all in good time. Then it's the Red Torpedos next. Tried planting some spinach today even though it will no doubt bolt with the heat, but with row cover -maybe. Last cantaloupe seed went in for an off chance we could have late melons in the greenhouse. Mostly it depends on how wet it gets. Restful afternoon as girls do delivery by themselves! Row of tomatoes are the ones from third year seed I have been saving from a hybrid I like. I know I have a small gene pool to pick from, but last year I had a couple plants I was very proud of and did not purchase the seed from some giant company. Almost time for Boysenberries, YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...