Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Diary 7/17


The digger squirrels are relentless. They have continued to climb under the netting I put over the strawberries and eat the red ones before they are all the way ripe. They have been seen running out of the greenhouses upon our arrival and I have not seen our usual share of hawks that helped me last year with this situation. SO...we bought the Squirrelenator, a four way trap that live traps up to 20 at a time although we have only trapped two at a time so far. We also have a small Have-A-Heart set up. The count has gone up to eleven squirrels trapped and released at a nearby waste area by the creek a few miles from the garden. There are still more and several other places to trap them. Old lumber piles seem to be the preferred home, so don't leave those by your garden as we have. Still hoping to built that "shed" for tools, etc. at some point. Resting this hot afternoon with our not so squirrel hunter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...