Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Diary 4/6


It continues to be cool and showery. Remember those seeds I put in with the seeder? Well, except for the beets, no one has been brave enough to come up. Can't blame them really. There is a bunch of asparagus up, but short and purple, waiting for sun and warmth. I guess tomorrow is supposed to be nice, one out of seven ain't bad. Planted a few cucumbers in the upper greenhouse. I put sticky tape around them to slow down predators such as rodents which I haven't seen much of this year, and rolley polley sow bugs. I used to think they were so cute, now I have a much different opinion. Sticky tape comes in yellow and blue. Some bugs such as the leaf miners come to blue easier. I don't use it too much outdoors, but in the greenhouse it is just a little insurance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...