Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Monday, April 26, 2010

Diary 4/26


It is ruff being a gardener's dog. Planted third round of bush beans over the weekend. With a CSA, I need new things for the bags each week, so small beds and many successions is better than one large planting for say, a growers market. I also planted the Fortex filet beans and a last pea planting for awhile. They tend to get a virus over the summer months, can sometimes sneak them in in a shadier zone. Also transplanted baby cabbages and broccoli. I have them covered with insect barrier cloth as the cabbage moths and friends are looking for them to lay eggs and produce offspring caterpillars that will eat them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...