Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Diary 4/28


Busy day ahead with not all of it in the garden. 9 bags today! I have never had success with turnips before. Usually something eats them before I can. We have pumice in our soil from Mt. Mazama, Crater Lake's blow up and it is a home for wire worms, click beetle larva. Growing the turnips overwinter seemed so much better, so I will keep trying that. Always learning...What do you do with a turnip? I love them raw, kinda like a radish, but sweeter. I put them in salad, a stir fry, stew, and I cut squares up and fried them with potatoes the other day and they were interesting little sweet chunks in with the blander potatoes. They sure are a beautiful color!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...