Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Monday, April 19, 2010

Diary 4/19

The dark clouds are moving in and you don't have to be a meterologist to know it is going to rain soon. The two days of sun were just what the baby plants needed, although they might have liked two more. I have had some problems with over-watering and dampening off. It was so warm for awhile and then I watered just before a week of cold wet and I lost quite a few baby plants, more than I have ever lost before to such a swing in temp and moisture. I think something is up with my soil mix, like maybe the compost wasn't quite finished and contained too much nitrogen for little guys. I am using my old compost now, but too late for that group of plants. Need to get the farm compost pile going(adding three piles together, some nitrogen, and turning until it starts to work and gets hot). It is another project that needs some warmer weather. At least it was dry enough to make another bed for carrots and ?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...