Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Diary 4/7/13

We had some pretty strong gusts yesterday resulting in a seven hour power outage last evening.  It is getting windy
again out there, so thought I would post before I am in the dark again! Working on upper greenhouse so that I can cover some of the ground with an old rug. Less weeding and a possible play and sitting area.  I hope I can put shade cloth on and make it a desirable place to hang out, maybe read a book, or for kids to play without always being in the dirt.  We'll see. Marigolds and those upside down pumpkin thingees that look like tomatillos are coming up everywhere. I think they will look nice at the end of the carpet and that is the kind of place I am thinking of.   Need to harvest and pickle beets soon, and I am harvesting all the cilantro that is ready for a local Mexican restaurant tomorrow AM, so that will clean out a couple more beds.  I think I will plant a couple test squash seeds and beans, just for the heck of it.  If they make it, they will be early, if not, I will know to wait a little longer. Meanwhile, the cement pour location received a major make-over yesterday.  New dimensions and a place ofr a wooden floor to the side made for lots of digging and replacing rock. Little skid steer sure can fit in small places and make right turns while the excavator removed the excess rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...