Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Friday, April 5, 2013

Diary 4/5/13

We received almost an inch of rain yesterday and last night.  It came in squalls with high winds
, hard rain, and some lightning. We really need more rain and with the warmer temperatures, the snow pack has depleted severely. Hope the trend of a wet April happens for the moisture part, but it is hard on the getting plants going in the greenhouse part.  I have started two more batches of tomatoes since the mouse ate the first ones.  A few survived, but mostly red cherry tomatoes, of course. I have been separating perennials for the Wildflower Show.  Today it was white chrysanthemums. I figure I should have a few of as many different plants as I can, rather than alot of any one type.  Hopefully they will be perky by the beginning of next month.  The day lilies I transplanting previously are looking better now that it has rained on them a few times. In the yard, the plum trees and quince bush are all about to bloom if not doing so already.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...