Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Diary 12/2/12


We have received 7.4 inches of rain since Wednesday.  With the 2 1/2 inches that fell last night and the already high creek levels, the flows were very high this morning. The picture is of the overflow we created to prevent flooding of our old garden site along the creek.  As the overflow's banks disappeared, I could see the creek beyond just wanting a another couple feet so that it could hop out of the carved canyon and spread across the land.  Luckily, the rain let up and there was an occasional glint of sunshine while showering today and a rainbow somewhere, no doubt. The poor bird was drying off in a tree.  He looked as if he had had a rough night. Tried not to disturb him too badly, just wanted a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...