Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Diary 12/8/12


Still working on trees along the driveway, especially those close to the house.  This is all part of our interface fire protection that the county wants us to be responsible for.  If you start a fire on your property and it spreads to others, you can be found liable for it. In the case of wildfires from lightning strikes, you are your own best defense. Cleaning ladder fuels, the low, dead branches that allow a slower moving ground fire to climb up to the tops of the trees and better air flow, should be removed.  We will work on this for the rest of our lives as the forest continues to grow.  The trees we are working on all have signs of previous forest fires.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...