Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Diary 12/13/12

Last work share of the year
We had our first real deep freeze last night.  It frosted several times and froze a little over the weekend, but this morning it was 25 degrees and that was right here by the house, so out at the garden it was probably more like 23.  That'll do it.  So, out came the cherry tomato plants today.  They still had a few on them, but pretty sour, unable to make sugar in the cold temperatures.  The perennials also got a trimming and the lower greenhouse looks pretty clean and free from moldy stuff, thanks to Allen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...