Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Diary 12/11/12

Do you ever look at something with new eyes as if you are seeing it for the first time?  That is how I feel about the Christmas tree skirt I have been putting around the tree for the last 35 years or so.  It is the family one that went around the tree my entire childhood, so it is at least that old.  I never really looked at it until this year.  Other than saying "Merry Christmas", it has Santa, a reindeer on it, and snaps to close it around the trunk.  Now I am wondering if someone made it out of an old table cloth or if it was store bought. No tags to indicate. Maybe my siblings know...Anyway, I take good care of it and I am proud to be the owner for now. Will someday hand it down to the next generation or beyond. Hmmmm. I made dolly bedding for my grand daughter last night.  I had a good time especially because I collected some pretty princessy fabrics. We used a dish towel for bedding when I was visiting, and the idea was born. I hope they get good use. Plenty of dolls waiting on the other end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...