Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Friday, November 30, 2012

Diary 11/30/12

The rains have moistened the soil deep enough and the temperatures are still mild enough that the mushrooms are starting to poke up on the forest floor.  I have spent a great quantity of time trying to learn new ones only to come up against either not being able to identify the mushroom for sure or finding out it is maybe not poisonous, but not palatable. So I just don't mess with the the ones I don't know anymore.  I think these might be Slippery Jacks, indicated by their slimy tops. I love to admire them, but for now that is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...