Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Friday, November 23, 2012

Diary 11/23/12

Worked on cleaning out tomato, cucumber, and bean plants from one of the greenhouses.  I salvaged what was not getting moldy or had splits.  I left the cherry tomatoes, a cucumber plant with lots of almost ready cucs on it, and one side of the beans that I saw some I will pick tomorrow.  Turned the compost pile and added the old compost to the greenhouse clean out.  It is too cold for it to work at this point, but we can be ready for spring when it will.  The beds I pulled plants out of will get to take a break until late winter when things like peas, kale and spinach can go in.  Only enough for us, I keep reminding myself. On these nicer days, I have let the chickens come out to rove around.  There is really nothing they can hurt at this point and they love it.  I stapled plastic on a couple of the windows in their coop to help keep it warmer in there for them.  They are molting and the egg supply varies day to day including zero on the really gloomy days.  May get a couple new hens soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...