Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Diary 11/8/12

For the last two days, we have had so many bird visitors in our yard.  I think there are both northbound and southbound birds out there.  They take baths and get several serious drinks at out little pond and then they are gone as a new few come through.  I see robins, both brown and red adults and some taupe juveniles.  There are varied thrushes with their v-neck sweater looking breasts.  I saw a couple flickers, so much larger than the others, a definite woodpecker flight when they takes off.  Added to this is a basic scrub jay or three that have been here for weeks harvesting acorns. The picture does not do justice to what was going on out there, but every time I hid with my camera, they must have been on to me because they did not return. That is two robins sitting on the rocks at the rear of the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...