Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Sunday, November 4, 2012

11/4/12

I am a sucker for a yellow tree.  I think I take a picture of this one almost every year.  I like the way the maple stands with the row of firs on the edge of the field.  I included the encroaching pine tree this year. In the past the field was larger, but little by little the young trees are moving in to fill it.  It a succession the native Americans dealt with by setting fire to this field each year to keep it open.  That is something we have not done, and so we lose a little open ground each year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...