Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Diary 11/3/12

Harvested 25 pounds of tomatoes, a few split, a few still needing to ripen. I made a batch of Chili Verde.  Picked the meatiest long green chilies, and roasted them in a 300 oven for about 30 minutes, then covered with a wet towel. Peeled the meat away from the skin after removing seeds and added some of them to the tomatoes and onions.  Put the rest in the freezer. Picked a half gallon of figs to make some fig bars. I feel so cozy using up what is left in the garden. A couple very nice days ahead.  Lots to accomplish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...