Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Diary 5/5/12


Happy honor Mexican culture day! The 5th of May was the date the Mexicans beat the French in some obscure battle that they won, though only one of a few that they didn't lose.  They did not gain their independence from France until 1863.  We have turned it into something quite different and fun.  So, have some salsa! Off to the Wildflower Show and an impressive display of plants for sale.  The FFA via the high school have given a wide selection of flowers and veggies to sell.  With the plants I started and lots of perennials from yards around the area, it is looking rich and full at the plant sale this year.  The boutique is also looking good.  We got rid of all the left-over nic-nacs from the last years and started afresh.  Meanwhile, the garden will grow as the weather straightens out for the first extended period this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...