Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Diary 5/10/12

chard seed anyone?
My first helper comes tomorrow and not a moment too soon.  Hoping to get the corn area tilled and planted.  Really hot weather due on Saturday and Sunday, so have watering to do and drip lines to set.  It frosted last night, and the tomato plants still in planters that I covered became exposed when the wind blew the row cover off. Whoops!  So lost quite a few tomatoes, but I have to say it was somewhat freeing. I didn't lose anything that was super important, just plants left over from the Wildflower Show that I didn't sell.  Good thing I got rid of 8 trays yesterday, so the best plants received new homes before the frost event.  I still have quite a few if I need to sell anymore or if my friends want some at the plant exchange we are having on the 20th.  Need to get to the Grower's Market and buy a few peppers and watermelon plants, but no hurry until this weather figures out if it is going to be 32 or 93 degrees!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...