Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Diary 5/19/12

On a whim, I went to the new Saturday Grower's Market in Medford. with our current wwoofer, Katie.  It was fun and just like riding a bicycle, it came very naturally, even though I had not done market for four years.  We sold enough to make it worth while.  Our wwoofer saw the value of doing a CSA membership market scheme rather than the grower's market, and I was able to see some friends, old and new. Plant exchange with my girlfriends tomorrow will help finish off my nursery stock so I can concentrate on planting the rest of the greenhouses and start on planting in the fields. A fence to keep out deer and cows and I am set.  Posts went in their holes today.  Now to tamp and set, then stretch wire and voila, la fence!

1 comment:

  1. Sara, It was wonderful meeting you and Katie on Saturday. Learned much about CSA memberships, and loved the asparagus and peas we bought! My daughter Shawnae and I look forward to meeting up with you again soon.

    Your friends from the big city of Shady Cove,
    Eric & Shawnae

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...