Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Friday, May 11, 2012

Diary 5/11/12

Tilled the area for the first corn and the soil was barely dry enough.  Might till one more time in the morning and then plant the first succession.  The variety is new and is reputed to start in cold soil which after the next few days is not going to be our problem.  It is called "Strong Start", a bi-colored corn, which I hope lives up to its name.  It is still early here and would give us the earliest corn we have had in the last three years as the springs have not cooperated with early tilling and planting of many of the summer crops.  This spring is different and may foretell of a change in the general weather pattern.  Who knows? The hot weather is going to be hard on the greenhouse and tender things in there.  I will open up the sides and run sprinklers to get everything wet, but I am not ready to put the shade cloth on quite yet. Fingers are crossed that everything can adjust to the high eighties-low nineties temperatures we are about to receive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...