Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Diary 8/9/11

Trip to Ashland to visit my old stomping grounds, the Growers Market.  Lots of tomatoes, but just the start of onions and other things that should have been going strong by now.  No peppers or melons, of course.  Picked up grain alcohol to make tinctures and then on the way from there realized that the car was failing.  It continued to do so until it died just shy of the freeway.  So, with some phone calls, a dear friend gave us a ride to local auto shop and the car was towed there partially with roadside assistance and partially out of pocket. Dead head gasket is going to cost a chunk.  Two steps forward, one step back, but at least not one step forward and two steps back...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...