Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Diary 8/21/11

Two weddings coming up over the next two weekends.  Both are using fall colors.  Here are a few of the flowers I planted for decorating and making bouquets, etc. Chickens are doing well, at least 3 eggs from the four each day. We are calling the rooster Mr. Darcy and the girls Jane, Elizabeth, Mary, and Lydia, although it is hard to keep the Barred Rock girls separate.  Jane is a Sexlink and a red color. She is also older than the rest. At least Mr. Darcy has recovered from whatever was making him fall over all the time.  If he reached back to preen, he would fall over like a domino.  He seems to be doing better and has taken his job of protecting very seriously which will be important for their survival.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...