Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Diary 8/6/11

Blogging a day late again, a sign of the busy times.  Worked on more tearing out of old stuff and planting new things for fall.  Have moved uphill in this effort so the sun will be there shining even in late September.  Planted several rows of spinach.  Planted mustard greens, Napa cabbage, choi, and lettuce.  These I plant in short rows in the greenhouse where I can monitor their growth until they have two sets of leaves.  Then, they go out to their assigned beds.  Otherwise, they are often the victims of insects or dryness while they are babies. Tomato crop is coming on as are a second crop of strawberries.  Still have deer eating the leaves, but I hope add another layer of fencing to slow them down... Meanwhile, Garden Dog is bored waiting for a good game of Keep Away with his latest stick.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...